SANIYA ANNE SCHWARTZ
Born January 30, 2014
At 4:00am
7 lbs 6.3 oz, 20 in long
Saniya came a few days earlier than expected. I was scheduled for an induction Feb 1st. Wednesday I had a Dr appointment. The Dr's have all been freaking out about this pregnancy all because our past history with Macsen. This pregnancy was completely normal. I was doing great every checkup, Saniya was doing great every checkup. I wish I would have had Dr Cox come deliver our baby like I joked with him before we left Idaho. Wednesday during the non stress test Saniya was asleep so they had me get an ultrasound where they check the breathing and movement for half hour. She was asleep again so she didn't pass the movement test. In the next 2 minutes of me walking out of the office she moved 5 times. I wasn't concerned especially since she was moving so much, but the hospital wanted to induce me then. If we didn't agree the hospital was going to make us sign a medical release form releasing them from any liability if we went home and something happened. I was going to get induced that Saturday so she was a few days earlier than planned. We decided to go ahead and induce. They were on my back the hole pregnancy just because our past history with Macsen. Everything was standard, she always looked great, and so did I. Super routine pregnancy.
Luckily I had a backup to watch Graham. Our friends that were going to watch him got their hhg (house hold goods) delivered that day. I was planning on a play date with Michelle (the back up) that next morning. I am grateful she was so sweet to take him. She kept him all night and he was so good for them. Michelle has a 4 year old and older kids, plus a pug. He hasn't been around dogs since we were in Idaho. I bet he LOVED it. He didn't eat much, but went to bed like a champ, just like at home.
Well she didn't come in 1hr and 40 min like Graham. They took it way slower. Put me on pit instead of breaking my water. I requested no pit. I was dilated and effaced pretty well. If anyone tells you that Pit doesn't make your contractions hurt worse, it is a big fat lie. I was able to manage the pain with Graham fine, it did help he came so fast but with my others my pain was much worse.
My first nurse was great. Totally willing to let me do what I wanted. My second nurse made me lay in bed. I was in bed for hours, and she made me use a bed pan twice instead of letting me off the monitor for a few minutes. I could understand if Saniya wasn't doing well but we both were just fine, and it was obviously before my epidural. She was completely old school. Worked at the hospital for 29 years, and was retiring soon. I wanted to walk around so bad.
Once again when I requested an epidural the anesthesiologist was in an emergency c section. Same thing happened with Macsen, and Graham. Luckily I did get one this time. Next baby if there is a next I am requesting one earlier so I am not dying before I get one. She came at exactly 4am. Very punctual. She has black hair just like me as a baby. Finally one of our babies looks like me. We were thinking about naming her Sadie, it just didn't fit. She is more original. So Saniya it is. We found it online like our other kids names. Saniya means brilliant, radiant. Anne means gracious. So she has a pretty great name!
Jared trying to sleep, needless to say we didn't sleep that night.Jared went home and got Graham. He was instantly in love with her. Very sweet, excited, and curious.
O my sweet little family!
Pretty sure that is a smile. Saniya in her going home outfit.
Glad to be leaving!
This is the lei Jared got for Saniya. And of course we had to get her a cute stuffed animal. It just happens to be Birdo, a Mario character. What can I say, we are a Mario kind of family.
No comments:
Post a Comment