For Graham's 3rd birthday we enrolled him in little ninjas. A class for kids offered on base. We thought he would love it, especially since he started acting like a ninja at home. The first day bombed. He cried most of the time. I have to give some credit to the two other hysterically, bawling kids to influence Graham! I sat in with him and basically didn't leave his side until these pics. I left the room for a sec. He just stood there with his head down the whole time. The one instructor was so sweet and patient, trying to encourage him to get involved. I went back in because I didn't sign him up for them to babysit. If I stayed out I wonder if he would have came around. We payed for the whole month so we tried every week with the same result. Maybe when he is 3 1/2, 4 we will try again!
We got Graham enrolled in speech therapy. It is probably a blessing little ninja's didn't work out, therapy is much more important right now. After therapy one day we went to Target and there was a praying mantis. Graham thought it was pretty cool, we watched if for a while.
After therapy we went out for ice cream. Our deal with Graham is if he is good and works hard, then he gets and ice cream. He really enjoys therapy. Miss Mel is super sweet and he is already making progress. I was able to sit in with them one day. I had this overwhelming feeling of being so proud of how he was doing and also of regret that I wasn't able to help him enough. It was totally a weird moment. I have learned a lot as well from Miss Mel. Watching how she works with Graham has made a world of difference and I work with him at home now too. I sure love this little man, who is growing way to fast!!
June was the Army's bday. Jared had to dress in his blues. Sure love this man! This was also the last run Jared had to carry the flag for. He was finally released from driving!! Hopefully things can get a little more back to normal.
Gotta say he looks good carrying the flag!! He is running by the new Colonel.
We got this beautiful flag for our family. I saw it in an add for Deseret Book and ordered it! It has parts of the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence! I haven't seen one this cool!
I was going on a treat run and I noticed my neighbors had this Yoda in their throw away pile. My friend Savannah loves, I mean LOVES Star Wars. I immediately grabbed it and went to get Jared. I couldn't be more excited to ding dong ditch it on their front step. So for FHE Monday I had Jared drive us over, they only live a block away to go surprise them. I made a sign in star wars font that said, Have a great day you must. I left it on the front porch and ran. Jared asked if we wanted to sit and watch their reaction, I didn't want to get caught though so we pulled off. I noticed that their vehicle was gone so I made Jared go back so I could put it in the back yard so no one would steal it. I went through their back gate to the front lanai and the front door was open and I could hear Savannah inside. We were busted! I ran back to the car and was sure she saw me. Much later I finally asked her about it because she never told me about it. Come to find out she never saw me and loved it! They put it in their room with all their other Star Wars stuff! So funny!
We went to the park with our pals the Griggs one day. I look over to see Graham by the big toy standing there staring at this guy leaf blowing. It was a stand off for sure. I watched for a few minutes to see what would happen (should have taken a pic). They were there staring at each other for at least 5 minutes. I don't think either of them said a word. I finally called him to move, silly boy!Saniya is getting big! We went to the Wahiawa Botanical Gardens one day. It was nice. I think the kids enjoyed it. We'll def go again!
These two are starting to rough house more. They def make us all laugh! So glad they are such great friends! Graham is seriously the best big brother!!
How can you not love these two!!
Cut Saniya's bangs.
At the park we found this white lady bug with hearts on it. Graham had a new best friend! He played with it for at least a half an hour! So cool!
Graham got a mosquito bite that he kept scratching. He swells up with them for a while. I didn't realize how swollen it had gotten until we just got back from playing at a bday party. I was taking to Jared detailing our car and went in the back yard to see Graham with his pants down by his ankles peeing. Caught me off guard to say the least, this is when I saw his knees and new we needed to take him to the dr. (So wish I had a pic!) He was starting to limp and it was super hard swollen. The doc gave him some antibiotics and it got a lot better fast! Poor kiddo!
best kind of naps!
Another selfie pro.
The kids playing row row row your boat! So adorable!!

Graham was showing her how it is done!

No comments:
Post a Comment