I am driving truck this fall! Hoping to make the big bucks, ya know. I was planning on driving for spuds and beets but have needed to drive for grain as well. Not a big deal. The grain doesn't bug me. The truck can be a great escape. A time to think, reflect on your life, and jam out to the radio!! It is a nice break from people, not having to carry on a conversation can be so nice. One of the biggest plus, it is protection from the wind (dirt blowing is horrible), rain, snow, hail, basically anything the weather wants to throw at us. The truck can also be a cell of despair. You are always in the beast. Some times you don't get a lot of breaks to be out of the beast. If it is hot out you are hot, if it is cold out you are cold (depending on the truck you are in). If you want to talk to people, you can't. The radio! The radio plays the same crap hour after hour!!! You get sick of it! SICK OF IT!!! Anyways all in all it can be great! I miss harvest when I am not home. I am glad that I have grown up on a farm, moving pipe, working hard, and doing office stuff for dad! It is beautiful!! I love it.
Seriously GORGEOUS!! I couldn't decide which one I liked better so I posted both!
Of course I have to post a pic of me in the beast!!!
Enough of the back ground. The other night was awesomely crazy. So I am driving along in a truck. I was in 7th gear shifting into 8th when all hell broke loose. (excuse my french) The beast came alive and wanted me dead!! I couldn't shift into 8th gear because the rpms were way to high. The gas pedal was pressed to the floor. I literally had to hold up the gas pedal all the way off the floor with my foot. If I let it go the truck would rev up and the rpms were through the roof. Did I mention it was pitch black out and I was on the highway. Luckily I was in the Pingree town sight and was able to slow down and stop into the gas station. To be honest it really wasn't that scary. The truck wasn't in gear so it was slowing down, just kinda creepy. and I was able to hold the pedal up to make it stop going crazy. Don't get me wrong. If lifting the pedal didn't help it would have been scarier. Plus it being stick and not an automatic made it better. Thanks dad for not owning any automatics! All in all driving truck really is great! I love the fall. I love the chill in the air, and the calm in the day. It just seems so peaceful when you aren't around the craziness of harvest. Going on walks is great! It really is so relaxing even though harvest it super chaotic. We just found out this week that this next Thursday the 25th, we have to start potato harvest! WHAT!! We even have to harvest on Sunday! WHAT!!!! O well Thursday-Sunday I won't be driving! WAHOOOOOOO! Because I will be doing something 100 times better than earning money!!! For real I have been super excited and counting down for a LONG TIME!!! I GET TO WATCH MY NIECE JANE!!! She will just about be 7 months old. Has 2 teeth and is starting to crawl, well arm wiggle it! I am super excited and can't believe it is next week! FINALLY!! Thanks Jeremy and Alisa for going on vaca and letting me watch her! Sam, Kate, Kirsten, Mom, and Grandma Schwartz I thing that we should have another girls night at my house. I will share Jane with you guys! I know I hog her sometimes, but I am trying to be better!
Jeremy and Alisa, don't be upset but I am pretty sure that this will be sitting in your house when you get home from Vegas! Just sayin' it is going to happen and you will love it!!! And you thought the bear we brought you to the hospital was big! Thanks Ted and Kaylee for letting me use this picture!




Oh man...the truck and tractor are going to be my best friends starting this week too. Maybe we will see you on the road. We will have to get together while I am living down there for the next two to three weeks! Ha ha...the bear picture makes me laugh! You should PhotoShop you and Jared's faces onto mine and Ted's bodies. Although, I think Ted is a little bigger than Jared...oh well. :)
ReplyDeleteHahahaha that is one Giant bear! Jane is excited to spend the weekend with you....she's acting all tired of us. We can be a bit boring. Thank you for doing this! I feel 100% at ease with you guys watching her. So I'm a little sorry to be taking you away from all that important truck driving :)
ReplyDelete