One Big Blob

ONE BIG BLOB

Such a Big Love Fest going on!!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Young Woman Retreat

This year we didn't have the usual annual girls camp. We had the trek, which I didn't get to go on. I am kind of relieved Jared and I weren't called because they had 13 baby dolls that they had pass away. I don't know exactly how I would have handled that. I probably would have been fine. Everyone said it was amazing and I am glad the girls got to experience it!! Anyways, as leaders we decided last year that we would take the girls to a cabin for a quick, fun trip. Lisa Harral our secretary was kind enough to get her families cabin for us to crash! So August 2nd we journeyed to Island Park for an overnighter. Lisa is super creative and had some fun stuff for us to do as usaul. It was a super chill two days. We all wished we could have stayed longer! It was a super nice gettaway. Let's just say the girls better know how much we love them, cuz it was a lot of work but, of course it was totally worth it!!
 Kira and Alyssa were cold so they were sun bathing in their killer Sponge Bob hats. Some of the sweetest hats EVER!!!
 So from left to right, Kristeena, Megan, Hannah, Ashlyn, Alex, Lexie, and Lisa. Lisa is giving us the low down and putting us in two teams. Cuz ya we compete for who is the most AWESOME!! It gives us total bragging rights. By the way my team (purple) totally won!! I think?!
The cabin is pretty much the best cabin ever! Who needs girls camp. We always stay in tents.
BOOO! My vote is we go the the cabin every year and have power, beds, showers, basically the finer things in life. Left to right, Carolee (Pres), Megan, Kristeena, Lexie, Haley, Kathleen, Hannah.
To fill you in, the cabin in the background istotally mine. Just sayin' don't be jealous!! (I wish)

 This is Hannah jet skiing. Isn't she cute!
 This is one of my awesome friends Kaylee. She use to be my advisor but her husband Ted decided he needed to move to Arizona and stole her from me. Now they are back! I am so glad Kaylee lives in Island Park and was able to come for the day! It was way fun to have her with us!! Megan is in the tube.
This is Megan, she is amazing and is a pro at tubing. Enough said !!
 Alex is the cutest flagger ever!!! Kira is a little stinker and didn't want her picture taken. The back of her head is petty!!
 Stewart was awesome! (Carolee's husband) He not only was willing to come up and spend the whole time with a bunch of crazy girls, (leaders included, we are all teenage girls at heart) he brought Carolee's boat and drove us around until we were all lobsters, needing showers, food, and a long nap! 
 Teresa, Valarie, and Kaylee enjoying the ride. I am pretty sure I should have told them to look so we would have their beautiful faces documented!
 Of course this is me, sporting a big life jacket. The rule was EVERYONE was in life jackets. We didn't want anyone to drowned even if they are swimmers.
 Alex is super cute and is always smiling!
 Kira decided to ignore the life jacket rules. She does have some sweet skills. She actually is going to be a life guard at the Blackfoot pool. It makes me think of highschool when Ashley Scott Willoughby and I were fish, teaching swimming lessons. A LONG time ago!! Good times!
 Kaylee tubing, I went right before her!
Kira knee boarding. She got up on her first try!! Nicely done! Looking through the pictures of the trip I decided I need to take more pictures, or should I say better pictures! We had this sweet relaxation station set up by the dock and the canoes! The girls went canoeing while we had our turn on the boat. Not pictured: Teresa W, Laurie (my new advisor), Teresa M's face, Valaries face, Bishop, and Blair. O well! We all had a good time anyways! Next time I will do better!

1 comment:

  1. That was sooo much fun! I need to send you the video I got of you tubing! It is great! Thanks for sharing! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete