So life has been a roller coaster for the last couple of months. I haven't really wanted to talk about it until things are more "for sure". As if anything is every "for sure" around here!
A few weeks after we had Graham, Perry came out and talked to Jared. He told Jared that we would either have to go on commission or he would close down the funeral home. This was very upsetting. Now what?! We can't live out here in Arco on commission! There are not enough people dying, and it doesn't help that there is another funeral home. So after a few weeks we finally got to talk to Perry. I am going to be honest this whole ordeal seemed like a gift from the heavens. I really felt like this is what we were suppose to do with our life. I guess I let my self get a little too high on cloud nine. I came crashing down to reality real quick. I am not going to lie, things didn't end too pretty. There were so many things said and promised to us that didn't happen. I will leave out all the fantastic details. That part of our lives is almost over. I have learned a lot, and have become wiser. People have to earn my trust, and I won't be so naive next time.
Now we are feeling like we are back to the beginning. As if we are back where we started, when we first got married. Great now what?
We are waiting on a few things to transpire. Let me tell you I hate being in limbo. Waiting SUCKS!!!! Waiting to hear from Perry, waiting to hear from a job, waiting to hear from the washer repair man, before we move!!! WAITING, WAITING, WAITING!!! I HATE IT SO STINKIN BAD!!
Pretty sure I didn't say anything about our washer. So 2 days after I got the flu (on a Saturday no less) our washer stopped spinning. Of course it stopped when I had garments washing. Of course the door wouldn't open for me to get our clothes out. Of course this happened on a Saturday. Of course talking to our extended warranty was the biggest pain in the world. They told me that in 2 to 3 days I would be getting a call from a tech to come out. O and by the way Monday is a holiday so it will probably be Wednesday when you get contacted. GRRR! So I asked them how to get the door open so I can get my clothes out. The guy told me I would have to wait. HELLO MY CLOTHES ARE GOING TO GET RUINED! I can't let them sit in the washer for days upon end! We would have to chuck them! They would be so gross and stink so bad from mildew. Luckily I remembered a guy from our old ward who is a tech for Sears, he told me how to get the door open! VICTORY! A small victory but still I am so grateful for him! So when the tech finally came out 2 and a half weeks later, he couldn't fix it. Our washer is so messed up that everything needs replaced. The pump is bad, the motor is bad, the computer pad is bad! Seriously, so he tells us that it is going to be so pricey they will probably just give us a new washer. He has never seen this happen before and he has been doing this for a super long time! Turns out our warranty is going to replace the parts anyways. So here we are going on week 5 without a washer. I am hoping Wednesday all the parts will be in and we can get our washer fixed. Let me tell you I am not keeping my fingers crossed. And if for any reason the warranty isn't going to pay, someone is going to get punched in the neck!!
I guess I needed to vent a bit. It has seemed like at every turn there is something to hit us down. Seriously I don't talk about it much but we have had some doozies. Events that have been GREAT and bad, big and small. I know it will not last forever, and we have so much to be grateful for. I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel we just aren't quite to it yet. Let me tell you, I can't wait until that glorious sun shines on my face. Hopefully we will have some smooth sailing and very uneventful few years to come. For now my days aren't bad. I am happy even if it doesn't seem like it from my vent session. I have a wonderful husband, baby, family, friends, and the gospel in my life. I have grown a lot from these past two years. I wouldn't change anything because I have learned a lot, but it sure has complicated our life for a while. To the future whatever it may bring.
Everyone needs to vent sometimes, don't feel guilty. You are one of the most positive, strong people I know!!! You can get through this. Your family is in our prayers!!!
ReplyDeleteLimbo.... yuck!! This is a good test of faith! Not that you haven't had plenty trials to test your faith! I totally know limbo stage.. ugh! I will keep you in my prayers. God has a plan for you, that's why you are having the trials you are.. Something always works out better in the end!! It's okay to vent.. You're a girl, with trials, which means you have every right to! Good luck! I wish that I could say more, but I know things will work out for you.. Even with the stress and struggles! You are a great gal, living the best you know how (which is pretty dang great in my book!).
ReplyDeleteMan, how stressful! I'm so sorry, you guys have been through so much. Call me when you need to vent! Venting is totally normal... I love to vent and you know it ;) Thanks for always being there for my vent sessions. I know what you mean about wanting to just see some uneventful things in life for a while. And wow, I never thought about the sun shining feeling, but you are so right! I love you! Hang in there.
ReplyDelete