The day after we arrived, Jared's Battalion had a party. It was fun to go for a bit. There was a bouncy house set up for the kids. Graham couldn't get enough of it. We would only let him go over and watch. We were hesitant to let him in because there were always bigger kids in there being pretty rough. Finally we caved and put him in. He loved it! He didn't want to come out!
They had cotton candy so we decided to get some and see what Graham would do. He wouldn't eat any. He insisted on feeding dad the whole time. I think he was trying to catch up on missed time with dad. Pretty sure Jared was going to be sick!!
Consider this our Christmas card this year!
We cut Graham's hair and he looks even more like Jared!
We have been staying in a hotel until our house is available to move into. Our first Thanksgiving just our little family, hotel style. I think I did a pretty good traditional meal, since we only have a mini fridge and microwave.
Rolls, apple pie, salad, stuffing, turkey and gravy, and mashed spuds. Wasn't too bad.
Our first trip to the beach we went with Jared's friend Christopher and his daughter Lily. (Christopher is one of Jared's best high school friends and he is stationed here with his family too. They got here in November. What are the odds!!)
We buried Jared.
Graham loved it. His favorite thing to do is grab sand on the beach and walk to the water to throw it in.
First trip was a success. We will probably come once a week.
Second trip was just us. We made a sand castle.
And buried Graham different ways. He totally just puts up with us!
I can see why people love the beach. It is pretty relaxing!
What in the World! You and Christopher went to the beach together and didn't invite me? What's the big deal? You just go hang out in Hawaii and here I am in Alabama. The Nerve! It is pretty cool that you guys are there together. I must admit I am a bit jealous. How long will you guys be stationed there? What are your plans for the Holidays this year? Any family visiting or are you guys going to see family? Man it has been so long I need to call and chat to see how you guys are doing.
ReplyDelete