The movers came November 18th with a semi. Totally wasn't expecting such a huge rig to load up all our stuff.
All of our stuff got repacked and put in these containers, which were sealed when full. All of our belongings took up 4 1/2 containers.
That day I found out our EFMP paperwork got approved and it could be a matter of days until we could finally fly to Hawaii. At this point I was so excited but still didn't expect that we would be in Hawaii until after Thanksgiving. Two hours later Jared called me and said he had our flights for that Friday the 22nd. I couldn't believe it! We were both in shock. After I got off the phone I started crying. I had so many emotions rush over me. Of course I was still in shock but so relieved and surprised that we were finally coming!
We got to see most of the family on both sides before we left. I thought we were going to end up missing Jake and Kate. We flew out of Idaho Falls at 5:30 am and they weren't coming in until around noon. I randomly asked Kate if they would be in Denver by chance, we had a 4 hour layover there. Luckily they also had a layover in Denver so we were able to meet up and chat for a bit before flying our separate ways.
The flights went well. Graham was the best little guy on the planes. From Idaho Falls to Denver he slept the whole way. Then he slept at least another 2 hours from Denver to Hawaii. I was grateful because it was a 7 hr flight.
Jared gave us leis at the airport. I didn't get any photos, we were exhausted and so ready to be done!
After sitting down I realized how swollen my feet and legs were. I don't usually swell when I am pregnant. I contribute it to sitting on a plane literally all day. Yes they don't look too bad but I got cankles for sure. It took two days for the swelling to go down.
This is normal.
Needless to say we are thrilled to be on the Island, finally together once more! We love and appreciate all of the help, love, and support from both sides of the family! We will miss you all terribly and can't wait till you come visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment