One Big Blob

ONE BIG BLOB

Such a Big Love Fest going on!!

Friday, December 30, 2016

Everett Ames

The night before! I can't believe it is time. At times I can't believe I am pregnant and now the day is upon us to meet our little man! Our induction was scheduled for 11am. Of course they were pretty busy so we had to wait till they called. They ended up calling us at 5pm and asked if we could be there by 5:30. HECK YES WE CAN!! I hate the waiting game! We had been ready to go since 10am. Last belly shot, and saying our goodbyes.




 Let's go have us a baby, love!!

After they got me all hooked up I was having fairly consistent contractions. I told the nurse that I wanted to have him natural. I was only dilated to a 3, so we had a while. She told me to walk till 10 and if I wasn't making progress I would need to be started on pit. So we walked and walked, my contractions were getting stronger. but I wasn't progressing enough. So pit began. She told me to rest as much as I could. We got a good rhythm of contractions at a dose of 16 with pit. At around 2am I was only at a 5, I told her I didn't think I could last if I was going to progress this slow. She told me to lets hold off for a little bit before an epidural. I was finally starting to have more signs of labor. I was shaking like mad, and super cold. So I tried to sleep, ya right! Around 4am I couldn't handle the pain just lying in bed. I hated being stuck in bed with the other kids. Graham came so fast it wasn't bad, but sitting in bed feeling helpless, and trying to deal with the pain, nightmare! So I got out of bed.  I am so glad my nurse was so great. I was the only one there, but she stayed with us from there on out. She warned us that from 5:30-7am is the no baby zone. They change shift so they try to not have babies in that time. I was like great! That is when he is coming and they are either going to slow me down or he would come anyways. My nurse tried to help me sit on a ball and of course Everett wasn't liking it. Then I tried to lay over the bed and sway when I had contractions, but he didn't like that either! I had to stand straight up and sway. It was better than being in bed but was not comfortable. I had Jared rub my lower back, which helped a lot too. After some contractions and feeling like I was going to potty all over Jared's shoes, she had me get back in bed and checked me. She thought I was at an 8 but got another nurse to check. I was at a 10 ready to go. I wonder how long I was at a 10, my water still didn't break. They got things ready and Doc Cohen was ready. He told me to go ahead and push, but he had to break my water. Everett was there in a few pushes. I have been extremely lucky that they come after a few pushes. He was perfect in every way!



He is perfection!!




The kids having fun with the Grands at home.


 
Jared went and got the kids the next day. The weather was rotten, but I am so grateful that they were able to come and see Everett in the hospital! It was also perfect!  Saniya's little face was priceless, coming in the room.





Graham was acting like he wasn't loving holding Everett, but you know he was!!




 Saniya was in heaven!!


The grands were loving it too!








 I love our little family of 5!! XOXOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment