It is such a weird feeling to have your heart ache but at the same time be overwhelmed with peace and joy. This year my dear niece Maycie was born on 12/12/2012. Perfect birthday for a perfect girl. On the 13th we learned that Maycie wasn't going to make it. Man how my heart broke for Jacob and Katie! But at the same time I was excited for them. They have a perfect little girl that will be waiting for them. Waiting, watching, and helping them through their journey here. It is so amazing to me that we can be a forever family. That we are blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel in our lives. This doesn't take the pain away but I do feel it makes it sweeter. Knowing that our loved ones are in a better place. That our loving Heavenly Father has much more important things for them to be doing. I have thought about this a lot. I knowing that Macsen is up there doing what ever is needed of him. I am sure that some times he is able to watch over us. I just hope that I haven't disappointed him with my laziness. I am sure he is thinking come on mom what are you doing! What can I say, I am far from perfect. It will be a great day when we get to see Macsen again. I can't wait! Until that day I will continue to do better!
Jared likes to say that we are perfect parents. We have our own special club. It is called the perfect parent club. Only a select few get to join, not by choice but it is an honor to have such a valiant child! I never thought I would loose a child, let alone my brother (Keith and Natalie) and Jared's brother (Jacob and Katie). So I hope that this is the end! I don't want any one else to have to feel this pain. At the same time I would like everyone to experience the overwhelming comfort and peace I have felt. The undeniable love of our Heavenly Father who does care so much about us. My testimony has grown from our experience. My love and understanding has grown as well. I am so grateful for my understanding of the gospel! I am also grateful that Macsen and Maycie are best of friends.
Just saw this. Thanks so much Katie. We love you guys!!
ReplyDelete