One Big Blob

ONE BIG BLOB

Such a Big Love Fest going on!!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Flying to See Jared

Can't believe it has come and gone already. I was pretty nervous about the trip. I have only flown once before from Phoenix Arizona to Salt Lake City. I was with Jared too. This trip I was going to be all alone. I left on Tuesday the 14th. I flew out of Idaho Falls at 6 am to Denver International, then to Chicago O'Hare. I was worried I would get lost so I was going to ask for help every step of the way. I gotta say, I worked myself up for no reason. Navigating the airports were no problem. I didn't ask for any help. Got my rental car and drove to my hotel. Man this sucked. I was at my hotel at 5 pm and less than 5 miles away was Jared!! I couldn't see him until the morning. My stomach was turning! I am sure it was because the long trip and also all my excitement to see Jared! I tried to calm down but had a hard time. I even caved and got a Coca Cola. (We were doing a family points challenge and every time you drank a pop you had to pay $1. I owed $5 after the trip). I got ready for bed early and just layed there. Next thing I knew Jared was calling me!! Man every time I get to hear his voice my heart skips a beat! I love that man so much! After we talked I was awake for way too long. I didn't sleep well at all! The next morning I woke early to get all done up! The whole morning I had a perma smile on my face! I left early wanting to get a good spot to watch Jared. 
This is coming to the gate at Ft. Jackson, South Carolina! So excited! 
The companies did a little presentation before family day began.  Wednesday the 15th. We all were sitting in the grand stand and I couldn't hold still!
After all of the hoopla we were able to go out on the field to find our soldier. I am not going to lie it took me a minute to find Jared. I had butterflies and started to feel panicked, like I would never find him. Finally after what seemed like forever, which probably was only a few minutes, some sweet ladies pointed me in his direction. There he was, his skinny self, just waiting for me to find him. The whole time I was looking for glasses. He wasn't wearing his. I don't know if that would have helped me find him among the blur of camo and shaved heads wearing cover. The day was great! It was so nice to get to spend all day with him.
This is my first picture of him. O how I love that smile!! Melts me to my core!
The day was so nice. We had to stay on base and he had to be back to the barracks at 8:45 pm. Going back to the hotel alone stunk. It was really hard on me that night. Man it sucks being away from your husband. Don't get me wrong, we agreed on this together and I know it will be beneficial for our family and honestly already has, but being apart isn't that fun. If you can believe it we have grown closer together even though we are so far apart. It has made us appreciate each other so much more. It is true absents has made our hearts grow fonder.
The next day (Thursday the 16th) was graduation. After graduation I was able to drive him to his AIT (advanced individual training). So we were off to Ft. Lee, Virginia. It took about 6 hrs. We didn't have too much time. Jared had to report the next day( Friday the 17th). We decided to go early in hopes that they would appreciate his efforts and give him a weekend pass. It was good we went early because we couldn't find where to take him. I asked and called and we got to see a bit of the base. Finally we were lead in the "right direction", or so we thought. I walked to the building with Jared. He came back and said we had 5 minutes to say goodbye. I think I was in shock. So was he. He actually forgot to put his cover back on when he came back outside. It was sad that we couldn't have the weekend. Really sad! So we went to the car and  he got his stuff. Man goodbyes are hard! So I left. Numb and disappointed. I pulled into the hotel parking lot, just put it in park, when Jared called me. He was in the wrong spot. YES still hope. So I went back and got him. I drove him to the right location and waited in the car to hear from him. He is in the 59th Ordinance Brigade.
It was HOT! But when isn't it in a parked car in the afternoon. I was super lucky that the humidity wasn't that bad yet. I was worried that I would be a dripping grossness of sweat the whole time. So attractive. I did have a lady tell me that Jared would go crazy if I was. Kinda funny. I talked to some really nice people.
Jared called for me to come check him out! YES, we did get the weekend! He had to report Sunday by 10 am. Done and done. So glad we had a few more days. I was so willing to go talk to whoever I needed to in hopes that my long journey would make them feel for me, and give us the weekend. It was so nice to hang out with my honey. We soaked up the extra days. Sunday came too fast. So we went back to base, separating for sure this time. I think knowing where he was going to be for the next few months made it a little easier.
His room is one of these. There are many different buildings.
This is the shop that Jared will be in. It is pretty big.
Me leaving base. Sad day! 
My flight didn't leave until Monday morning so I chilled at the hotel until then. So wish I could have brought Jared home with me. We will be back together soon. A little less than 2 months at this point. So can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment