A month ago my little sister and I drove my car to Seattle so it could be shipped to Jared. I thought about taking Graham and flying from Seattle straight to Honolulu but our paperwork was still not done. The drives nice. Collette and I had a good time. I estimated our gas really close (had to be 1/4 tank or less) and we saw some really interesting sights. In Washington we saw tons of beautiful grape vineyards from the road of course. We also saw a semi loaded with fresh carrots. They gotta haul them some how. We honestly didn't do anything in Seattle, sorry sis! We should have done some sight seeing. It was a 14 hr drive and we got to Seattle after dark. I wasn't very adventurous and was super tired from driving in the car all day. The next day we drove to the Tacoma port to drop off the car. The port is HUGE. Miles of shipping containers, semis, loading equipment, it was cool to see. Very different. We got to the VPC (vehicle processing center) and I was just over 1/4 tank. They probably would have taken it but we wouldn't have seen this sweet park. I ended up driving around the harbor following the water, and a mile away there was this sweet little park. We stopped and walked around. It is called Jack Hyde Park.
The park is connected to the Tacoma Chinese Garden and Reconciliation Park, Tacoma is a sister to Fuzhou, China.
Panoramic picture of the view from the end of the boardwalk.
I have one hot sis! 24 week bump.
Cute sailboat!! I do want to go sailing sometime in my life. At the end of the boardwalk there was a ladder, of course Collette wanted to go down.
The boardwalk. Sistas
The Cape Island, and Cape Intrepid
After we dropped off the car we took a taxi to the airport. Collette and I had a few firsts on our trip. At the airport we got to ride the subway.
After we dropped off the car we took a taxi to the airport. Collette and I had a few firsts on our trip. At the airport we got to ride the subway.
It was satellite operated and went in a circle to the other gates. Went pretty fast though.
Our flight was to leave at 6pm. It ended up being delayed due to a maintenance issue and then later canceled. So Collette and I experienced our second first, getting comped a hotel for the night. We got our flight rescheduled for 7am to Salt Lake. They also gave us $25 each to spend at any airport that next day and supposedly $50 off our next flight. We stayed in the Cotton Tree. It was a HUGE hotel 14 floors. We were on the 9th. So glad we didn't have to stay the night in the airport. Although Collette was game.
Finally we got to do Collette's last first. Flying in an airplane. For her honey moon Collette and Ryan went skydiving. She road in a small plane but didn't count it as her first official flight, She never experienced the people, complementary beverage and snack, or the landing.
I would have to say our trip was a success. We both had a good time and Jared now has our car. Thanks for keeping me company sis!
No comments:
Post a Comment